Heading out to the garden to pick some radishes, and actually eat them! Finally tried them sliced thin and sautéed in fresh garlic, rosemary, parsley, butter, olive oil, and then seasoned w/kosher salt. They were actually good! And I thought I hated radishes! Even steamed the greens and ate them too.
4 Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped
1 Stem Fresh Rosemary (leave the leaves on the stem)
4 Stems Fresh Parsley Chopped
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
1. First heat the olive oil in a 12 inch skillet
2. Saute the herbs on low to medium heat so you don’t burn the garlic
3. Once garlic is sautéed after about 3 minutes, add the butter and melt.
4. Then add the thinly sliced radishes and sauté until tender, then add about 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and toss.
5. Add about 2 Tablespoons water to the skillet, and then steam 4-6 cups of baby radish greens, baby kale, and baby spinach for about 1 minute or until barely wilted.
This makes a beautiful green edible background for Tuna steaks, or whatever steak you are in the mood for. I had mine last night with pan seared Tuna steaks and a side of Flax and Quinoa pilaf. Yum, and my kids thought I was a rock star chef and devoured it!