Welcome to Gardenshapers, a blog by horticulturist, Marie Stephens… who also happens to be an artist, inspired by gardens, nature, and the way animals and humans interact within it.
The purpose of this blog is to help you, the gardener, find inspiration and ideas about gardening, and to show you how you can positively shape and influence the lives of others just by playing in the dirt and doing something you love!
Marie’s Gardening Background
- B.S in Horticulture from Iowa State University 1998
- Longwood Gardens Conservatory Management & Display Intern: Kennet Square, PA 1997
- Lyon Aroboretum Intern: Honolulu HI 1998
- ISU Greenhouse Employee 1996
- Reiman Gardens at ISU Employee 1997
- Senior Horticulturist for Conservatories at Chicago Botanic Garden 1999-2001
- Co-Owner/Floral Designer/Cut Flower Grower for Hazel’s Place Flower Farm in Mount Ayr, Iowa 2001-2007
- Visitor Services Coordinator/Buyer/Store Manager for Vander Veer Botanical Park in Davenport, IA 2007 -2010.